- Queensland University of Technology: Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Hons) – Dean’s Scholars Program.
- The Royal Institute of Technology – KTH: Licentiate of Engineering (Transport Science).
- Queensland University of Technology: Master of Engineering (Hons).
- Queensland University of Technology: Doctor of Philosophy (Engineering).
- The Royal Institute of Technology – KTH: Doctor of Philosophy (Transport Science) [in progress].
- CPR for Life Community Certificate.
- Safe Drive Test Drive (Defensive) Driver Training Course Certificate.
- Certificate II in Outdoor Recreation SRO 20203.
Additional Education –
- Summer School in Sustainable Transportation, Aalto University, Helsinki, Finland, 2012.
- Workshop in Sustainable Development, School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA), Columbia University, New York, USA, 2012.
- Khumo Nectar Summer School in Transportation Economics, German Institute for Economic Research (DIW Berlin), Berlin, Germany, 2012.
- Exchange studies at The Royal Institute of Technology – KTH, 2010.
- Exchange studies at Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship, Sweden (SSES), 2010.
List of Awards, Scholarships and Special Achievements –
- Foundation KTH V’s Travel Fund Scholarship, 2012.
- Centre for Transport Studies (CTS) Grant, KTH, 2011
- Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) Scholarship, 2011.
- Faculty of Built Environment & Engineering Scholarship, 2011.
- Television interview for documentary “Beating the Gridlock”, May 7th, 2011.
- John Kindler Medal for top graduating engineer at QUT, 2010.
- Dean’s List for Excellence in Academic Performance, 2010.
- RACQ 2010 Scholarship for research into implementing a congestion charging scheme in Brisbane, Australia.
- Engineers Australia’s Rod McGee Medal 2010 for top graduating civil engineering Australia for 2010.
- Chosen as representative at the Brightest Young Minds (BYM) Summit, 2008.
- Queensland University of Technology’s Deans Scholars Program for Engineering, 2007.
- Queensland Smart State Engineering Award, 2007.
- Lord Florey Federal Student Award, 2006.
- School Captain at Kenmore State High School, 2006.
- Queensland University of Technology – QUT, Brisbane (2014-date): Research Fellor
- The Royal Institute of Technology – KTH, Stockholm (2011-2015): PhD Researcher.
- Queensland University of Technology – QUT, Brisbane (2011-2014): PhD Researcher.
- Robert Bird Group, Brisbane (2010): Undergraduate Design Engineer at the EXALLOS Department.
- Thiess Pty Ltd, Brisbane (2007-2008): Undergraduate Engineer on the Boggo Road Busway.
Volunteer Work –
- Kungsholmen Gymnasium, Stockholm (2009): Attended as a guest speaker on a couple of occasions teaching students about Australian culture, history and lifestyle.
- Focal Extended Inc, Ipswich (2004): Assisting on a voluntary basis in the Vacation Care Program for disabled and non-disabled children.
- Smith Family Literacy Program, Brisbane (2003-2004): Participation on a voluntary basis in the ‘Student2Student’ Program of the Smith Family to assist students to learn to read.
Organisations that I support –
Copyright © 2015 Jake Whitehead